Settings on the Targeting tab include:
- Target Name: note this will inherit the campaign name and the settings chosen here will be saved for future use in other campaigns if desired by clicking on Load Targeting Profile
- Behavioral: see below for details
- Retargeting: you can generated these pixels right here in the interface and only serve ads to those users who have been to the landing page on the brand’s site where the pixel was placed. Otherwise the campaign should be set to retargeting all audiences
- Product Type: You can run on all 3 of the IAB native ad types Bidtellect serves, i.e. In-Feed, Rec Widget, and In-Ad or any custom selection of interest
- Location: you can target up to country and down to the city/DMA/zip level as well as block at these levels. Bulk uploaded can be done here.
- Device Type: You can run on all 3 device types or any custom selection of interest
- Operating System
- Language - declared browser language for international campaigns
Creating a New Audience in the Behavioral setting opens Bidtellect’s Behavioral targeting tool. This requires CPM bidding due to the way the data fee is structured. Through a partnership with Lotame, Bidtellect has access to the top behavioral targeting data providers and the tool allows you to select audiences within and across these provides. The tool allows you to create a meta audience across providers using Boolean logic (AND, OR statements) and provides reach and cost information for each segment. + Adds in a single segment while the grouping icon will enable grouped segments like ((A or B or C) AND (D or E)). Once enabled, the campaign will only serve to users who have identifiers restricted to the audience(s) selected. Audiences previously created will be housed in the Audience section for future use where they can also be created and edited there as well.
You also have the ability to target 1st Party audiences if your DMP is Oracle/BlueKai, Krux, LiveRamp, Lotame, or Adobe. You create the audience in your DMP, tell your Bidtellect contact the audience name and ID, and then we port over the audience on the backend to the Audience section to select. You can layer 1P on top of 3rd party targeting by choosing the option "user must be in both audiences" once two or more audiences have been created.